Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Updates? Not so much.

Ahh, the neglected blog. Sorry to everyone who reads this, but we have been extremely busy at the Young household. Matt has been working almost every day since Christmas, and I have been busy trying to organize the house and working full time. Henry's first Christmas was super busy. Too busy. In fact, things are going to have to be different next year. It was too much running around. By noon on Christmas, Henry had already had 3 screaming fits and a full blown MELTDOWN. He was not full of the "Christmas Spirit." Maybe next year will be better.
I made my first ever Christmas dinner. Baked ham with a brown sugar and clove glaze, cheese grits, made from scratch biscuits and of course gravy. It was so amazing! I think it will be an every year tradition. Henry slept through dinner and had squash when he woke up. He was happy; he loves squash!
The New Year got off to a great start. We spent New Year's Eve at home, playing pictionary and eating roast beef with our good friends Eric and Jake. Henry LOVES them. We barely made it to midnight. Goes to show how old we are! New Years day started off my diet. I usually don't give in to the "New Year, New You" bullshit, but this year I have too! I have way to many events coming up, both family and work related that I have to look fabulous for. I know everyone tells you "9 months on, 9 months off" with the baby weight, but I don't think that is always true. I have 24 pounds of baby weight to lose, but I am aiming to lose 60 pounds all together. That will put me in the 140's. Hard to believe, but I weighed 170 before I got pregnant. No one believes me though! I am my WORST critic and I did not look like I weighed that much. I was a size 8. Maybe I ate gravel in my sleep.
As of this morning (January 8th) I have lost 3.1 pounds. I am excited! I was only able to make it to the gym once this week. I mean really. I was only PHYSICALLY able to make it there once this week! HAHA. I started a new fitness program called CrossFit and it kicked my ass. In a good way. I probably would have been able to make it to the gym on Thursday, but I had to work late. I am able to do much of the CrossFit exercises at home, and I try to do them in the mornings before work. I think this is my year!
Other than the crazy ass kicking circuit training, I have started to manage my meals on a weekly basis. I plan out at least 4 days of meals ( I try really hard to shoot for 5) to cook at home that are 500 calories or less per serving. You would be surprised at how many tasty meals only contain 500 calories. The rest of the meals are from restaurants. I wish we could stop eating out all together, but with a 5 month old and work schedules like ours, there is no way. It's going to happen so you might as well plan on it. There is a fantastic website www.500calorierestaurantmeals.com, that gives you meal choices at lots of restaurants. Once you get used to the smaller portions, you can easily see what a 500 calorie portion looks like. After the first few days, your body begins to adjust and you really don't feel like you are hungry 100% of the time. I think I actually felt what true hunger felt like for the first time yesterday. Not the "let's snack on a half a bag of chips I am starving" kind of hunger either.
This is all the updating I can do for now, I will try to get back into the swing of my weekly posts! I will post Henry's Christmas pictures in a separate blog entry!
Love and Hugs!
M&D&H

No comments:

Post a Comment