So I am a little late in doing this whole blog thing, but whatever, I'm here now and that is all that matters right? I am officially 51/2 month pregnant as of yesterday, how exciting! What is even more exciting is that A) food aversions are starting to subside slightly, and B) we started working on Henry's room. I felt like it would possibly be a work in progress, and indeed I was right. Call it mothers intuition, but something kept telling me to pull up the carpet in his room. One, I wanted hardwood floors in his room because it matched the paint, but also I just had a gut feeling that the carpet in his room may not be the most "baby-friendly." I was right, we had the carpet pulled up more than halfway and discovered that there was mold and some water damage from who knows when. It is in a spot too where a nice area rug would not cover either. BUT, that is ok. I can't have the pretty hardwood floors right now, but the more I think about it, the more that I like the idea of having some really nice carpet put down in there instead. It would be warmer and a more rolling around/crawling friendly surface. So far we have the crib (which came a whopping 4 weeks early) and a beautiful antique cherry dresser that belonged to my grandparents. It matches the crib pretty well, well enough to save the $400 instead of buying the one that matches perfectly. We only have the glider rocking chair to buy, but it may have to wait depending on the carpet/flooring expenses. But that is ok! Still a little bit of time. I am also picking up some extra hours at work to help ease the financial strains of baby buying, but I am HAPPY to do it. Mommy and Daddy work hard, Henry will learn this is just how it is if you want to get anywhere in life... legally!
Here are some recent pictures of the work being done on Henry's room. I think it will be swell when all is said and done! I have a few more, but will post them later with another update!





No comments:
Post a Comment