Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mealtime with Henry.

Milestones milestones! Last week he started holding his head up and this week he is on the track toward his first solid food. We started rice cereal! Just a tiny little bit. We made it really thin and served it to him with a spoon. I decided to not go the "cereal in bottle" route because it encourages overeating. I wanted to wait until he was 4 months, but he was taking almost 7 ounces of milk at one sitting. That is not normal for a 3 month old. He has also started waking in the middle of the night for a feeding, which is kind of an inconvenience for this working mommy. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but between the teething and night feedings, I'm flat out exhausted. Besides, I pride myself on the fact that he was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks of life! We tried an extra feeding for a few weeks, then added 2 ounces to his feedings. That worked for awhile and it's ok when it is breastmilk, but 7 ounces of formula for such a little guy makes me nervous. It's SO fattening and regardless of what anyone says, the iron in formula stops my kid up. He never had problems with constipation UNTIL I started supplementing with formula. Babies don't even need iron supplementation until around 6 months of age, when there iron stores are depleted. I'm not a doctor, so I guess my opinion really doesn't matter. :)
Here are some pictures from Henry's big day.





And a video!



No comments:

Post a Comment