Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Try it! You'll like it!

Henry is quickly approaching 4 months (hard to believe I know) so I have been practicing making different kinds of babyfood in my Beaba Babycook. I was concerned that consistency would be an issue, either I would have a whole bunch of food that is too thick...or too thin. However, the Babycook takes care of that. After you steam the veggies and fruit, the water drains off into a separate container, you can then add that water back into the puree to the desired consistency. Simple! Today I made winter squash and sweet potatoes. I gave the sweet potatoes to my friend Heather for her little boy. I can't wait until Henry can eat them!








Here is the recipe for Winter Squash
I LOVE this recipe because its a great way to get fresh tasting squash post growing season. (yes, I tasted it.)
1tbsp. olive oil
1 8-oz bag of frozen, precut winter squash
Water, breastmilk or formula for thinning to desired consistency.

Preheat oven to 400*
In a large bowl, combine squash and olive oil. Coat completely.
Place on a large baking sheet
Roast for 20 minutes until tender. Puree in food processor.
Add desired amount of formula, breastmilk, or water until desired consistency is achieved!

This is a simple recipe! It's even easier for me because I don't have to roast the veggies in the oven, I simply place the squash in the Babycook and add water! LOVE IT!

In other news!

Henry has made the transition into cloth diapers. We are diapering 100% in cloth while we are at home....and have even made short trips out while in cloth. I have to wait for my wetbag to arrive before we can take longer trips. I will post pics of his new diapers in a few, they are currently in the dryer!

Here are some more pictures from the past week! Hopefully I won't go so long without updating again!


Henry had a visitor today! Benjamin (and Heather too!) came in from Lexington to visit us. We were SO happy they made it in. We hope they can move back to Louisville soon. Last time Henry and Benjamin were together, Henry wasn't even a week old!

Nanny sent Henry a hat today in the mail! She is the best nanny ever!

Henry made a new friend this week. Met Yot. He lives in a pot! (A character from Dr. Seuss's There's a Wocket in my Pocket!
That's all for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment